Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Want to Hate Britney Spears!


You know, Britney Spears recently posted some pictures on her website taken while she was rehearsing for her upcoming tour.

Before I say my piece about these pictures, here's a very quick summary of the history of my feelings on Britney Spears: When she first made her way onto the scene I was indifferent, mainly because I've never been much of a pop music fan. Eventually, I couldn't stand the sight of her as a result of over-saturation. Then, she got married in Vegas, and I kind of related to her emotional, rash decision making. I was a little on her side. Then, she got married and started having babies. She was kind of out-of-site-out-of-mind. Then she did the interview with Matt Lauer, and I felt so sorry for her. Then, she had her "breakdown," or whatever the media decided to call it, and I started rooting for her.

When she appeared this year at the MTV Music Awards and walked away with three awards, I knew she was finally getting back on track. Then she posted those pictures on her website.

I finally realized, that I will actually be at peace with this situation once I can start hating her out of jealousy. I actually WANT to hate her for being so perfect. She deserves it after the incredibly long life she's lived in so little time. I was a single mother, and it was hard enough without the entire world watching and judging my every move. That reason alone is enough to root for her.

Go Britney! I can't wait to hate you!

Josie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Josie, I was blog surfing and came across you blog. I was reading through your posts and was laughing my butt off! Then I came across 1 post and noticed a side picture of Mika. HAHA, I totally used to know your husband. We were friends in Hurricane. Small world. Keep posting.